Welcome to K-4 Music at ABS and WCS!
K-4 students in Williston have general music class once each week for 40 minutes. All students experience a variety of music activities- all of which are tailored to address the National Core Arts Standards. These activities include singing, playing instruments, dancing, exploring expressive movement, improvising, and integrating with other subject areas. Students experience a variety of music in different modes, meters, languages, and styles.
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
3rd/4th graders have been learning a sea chantey called "John Kanaka." They are working hard to master a rhythm that involves passing cups around the circle. The idea was taken from a video on YouTube. Search "The Lost Quays John Kanaka" to find it.
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Wednesdays after school, 3:00-4:00.
- Rehearsals begin on Wednesday, September 20th.
- The first two rehearsals are “open.” Students can come to check it out with no obligation.
- Starting Wednesday, October 4th, students need to make a final decision to be a chorus member or not. Chorus members must attend all rehearsals. (Absences from school are excused.) Non-members are not permitted to attend rehearsals.
- WCS Chorus room (Mrs. T-H’s and Ms. Kennedy’s music room)
- Students should bring a snack to eat between school dismissal and the start of chorus rehearsal. No food is permitted in the rehearsal room. Only water is permitted.
- There is a 4:30 activity bus available to take students home.
- The 3rd/4th grade chorus will give performances in early February and in early June.
- The chorus sings a variety of music from different time periods, cultures, and styles. The students will be singing in different languages, meters and tonalities. The songs range in level of difficulty.
- No audition- just a love for singing!
- No cost.